PEN AND ME....
'Beep Beep' goes my cell phone and I avert my eyes from the blank sheet of paper.I smile at the incoming message and after a few more exchange of what's for diner?,my eyes come to rest on the as fair as snow paper."oh! gosh! what do I write on?" goes a little conversation inside my mind, as my fingers drum away a tune which irritates my mom.'Beep Beep'........Finally after two hours,I look again at my paper.I look at the jet black sky outside and memories of me, as a ten year old,writing my first poem, flash in my mind..My gaze shifts to the Multicolored pen in my hand, but my mind goes back back back in time....'Beep Beep' and I don't pick my phone(happens only once in a blue moon). I think of my first poem,
"Tick Tick Tick Tick,
Goes a clock..
Time Time Time Time,
Goes a man...."
I wrote a few more but to my own shock, I realized that I don't have much of a talent
for writing poems.I always wanted to write something ,like a book, but I was disheartened at my lack of imagination and my inability to express what I felt.Years rolled by.I did discover that I have an aptitude for prose though I could not muster
the rhyming words for poems but the academic pressures caught up with me and I had to set my pen aside.I could write essays in my English paper, that was the only thing that cheered me up.And now nearly nine years later, I have renewed my passion.Though the Key Board has replaced the pen,I have yet another chance to do something I like..PEN DOWN MY FEELINGS.I have never been much of a writer and may be,I am not blessed with the talent of being one but it is something close to my heart, it is something i am passionate about.I was overwhelmed, when my dearest friend , gifted me a pen encouraging me to take up my pen again to fulfill my passion...'Beep Beep'....I snap back to the present and my hand goes to the cell phone but my eyes rest on the multicolor-pen and this time I SMILE AT MY PEN...
until the next time Ta-Ta...
"Tick Tick Tick Tick,
Goes a clock..
Time Time Time Time,
Goes a man...."
I wrote a few more but to my own shock, I realized that I don't have much of a talent
for writing poems.I always wanted to write something ,like a book, but I was disheartened at my lack of imagination and my inability to express what I felt.Years rolled by.I did discover that I have an aptitude for prose though I could not muster
the rhyming words for poems but the academic pressures caught up with me and I had to set my pen aside.I could write essays in my English paper, that was the only thing that cheered me up.And now nearly nine years later, I have renewed my passion.Though the Key Board has replaced the pen,I have yet another chance to do something I like..PEN DOWN MY FEELINGS.I have never been much of a writer and may be,I am not blessed with the talent of being one but it is something close to my heart, it is something i am passionate about.I was overwhelmed, when my dearest friend , gifted me a pen encouraging me to take up my pen again to fulfill my passion...'Beep Beep'....I snap back to the present and my hand goes to the cell phone but my eyes rest on the multicolor-pen and this time I SMILE AT MY PEN...
until the next time Ta-Ta...
oh...appu u've lot of skills and talents to write a prose and even novel too...did u remember ???if there is a will there is a way pa ..u oly said it to me..so u shouldnt give up ur writngs else it 'll seems to be giving ur dearest frn...
ReplyDeletethanks kiran...:)
ReplyDelete