CAMP DIARIES....
Well friends I don’t really know where to begin neither can I just squeeze all that I have to say here. I wish to say a lot but I’ll restrict myself to a few things. May be only my fellow campers will be interested in reading this…. This is just my view point….here I go…..
I was off to NSS camp about six days ago… I was all gloomy and sad the previous day not wanting to leave my home sweet home and my lazy life… I even kept bugging my friends telling them… ”oh I am not interested…..” The time rolled by and ultimately the bus started towards the camp.
OOAH the discovery that there is no water and no fans sent a chill through my spine but what left me reeling under shock was the lack of a plug to charge my soul, my mobile phone…. I hated the place…
But the minute we started working believe me, it was truly fun….:) total strangers became close friends.. Faces whom I did not even know, in their hearts did I confide in… though the work was a little taxing it was thoroughly enjoyable.. We started singing during our working hours… I can’t believe I miss them…. We split the work, took turns and got to know each other better… :)… though we ended up with aching limbs, we went to bed with gladdened hearts… The people who know me will also know that I will not have kept my mouth shut… yeah true.. I kept on speaking… ha ha.. dunno how many of my friends wanted to put a plaster on my mouth… ( I missed my friend who was far off :(:( that was the only hitch for me….. but I did realize how precious that friend was to me and I vowed I’ll never let anything get in our way… they say distance brings people closer….:) it’s true friends….….) And now I loved the place….:)
The first time I had to give feedback I was worried. Oh the language!!!!!! I’ll be the only one speaking in English… I knew if I speak in Tamil I’ll have a lot of rotten tomatoes and I won’t know what to do with them…:P.. My friends encouraged me and I gathered the courage to speak in English (lol..) only to be commented upon… (Rofl)
I, who was used to getting up at eleven, had to wake up at four in the morning… I really don’t know how certain girls and boys woke up early… (Come on girls and guys, we need to sleep a lot…..) .. I don’t really wanna say how many days I took bath.. :P( I know there are many to give me company….) But waking up early made the day look so long and productive…. And it is healthy..( I woke up only at eleven today… leopards never change their spots.. :P)
Yeah ,the best day was the catering day…. :D ..Total fun…. Though a tough task…. Well fellow campers we know the senior’s comments don’t we..?…. (The most often said dialogue in the camp…. Rofl…..!!!!! super fun…)
Hmmm the spare time we spent sleeping, or talking to seniors and friends, those who had charge and tower could text…(sigh)… but mostly chit chatting….:) …. And waiting for roll call to hear seniors speak….
Yeah seniors, they were the best part of the camp…. They were not only our guides, but also our close friends….:).. I don’t have the words to describe our bond… but thank you seniors for making our camp so endearing and memorable…. They were the best part of the camp…:)
Now coming to culturals, I can barely control my laughter… All the programs were super fun…. But the comments where even better…. Truly memorable and when I do think I just go ha ha ha ha ha ha…. I don’t think people will forget my……. “TWINE…..”…. the skits were good and mimicry was awesome… :)
Well the last day was the survey day.. We walked through the fields.. For once I was quiet… :P enjoying the bliss and solitude..(and yay I was texting…. :P)…I have attached a few pictures of the greenery which is missing in the city… We spoke to villagers noting their problems, the talk was heart rendering…
I fell sick and had to pull out , thus missing the camp fire and the remaining events…. I know I must have missed a lot…:( I feel camp-sick now….:P… Thus have I surmised it, but those who wanna add more can do so…
Ps: For the first time I have written informally…. I truly enjoyed the camp (I missed u friend.) and now missing camp….sorry for informal writing friends....
I was off to NSS camp about six days ago… I was all gloomy and sad the previous day not wanting to leave my home sweet home and my lazy life… I even kept bugging my friends telling them… ”oh I am not interested…..” The time rolled by and ultimately the bus started towards the camp.
OOAH the discovery that there is no water and no fans sent a chill through my spine but what left me reeling under shock was the lack of a plug to charge my soul, my mobile phone…. I hated the place…
But the minute we started working believe me, it was truly fun….:) total strangers became close friends.. Faces whom I did not even know, in their hearts did I confide in… though the work was a little taxing it was thoroughly enjoyable.. We started singing during our working hours… I can’t believe I miss them…. We split the work, took turns and got to know each other better… :)… though we ended up with aching limbs, we went to bed with gladdened hearts… The people who know me will also know that I will not have kept my mouth shut… yeah true.. I kept on speaking… ha ha.. dunno how many of my friends wanted to put a plaster on my mouth… ( I missed my friend who was far off :(:( that was the only hitch for me….. but I did realize how precious that friend was to me and I vowed I’ll never let anything get in our way… they say distance brings people closer….:) it’s true friends….….) And now I loved the place….:)
The first time I had to give feedback I was worried. Oh the language!!!!!! I’ll be the only one speaking in English… I knew if I speak in Tamil I’ll have a lot of rotten tomatoes and I won’t know what to do with them…:P.. My friends encouraged me and I gathered the courage to speak in English (lol..) only to be commented upon… (Rofl)
I, who was used to getting up at eleven, had to wake up at four in the morning… I really don’t know how certain girls and boys woke up early… (Come on girls and guys, we need to sleep a lot…..) .. I don’t really wanna say how many days I took bath.. :P( I know there are many to give me company….) But waking up early made the day look so long and productive…. And it is healthy..( I woke up only at eleven today… leopards never change their spots.. :P)
Yeah ,the best day was the catering day…. :D ..Total fun…. Though a tough task…. Well fellow campers we know the senior’s comments don’t we..?…. (The most often said dialogue in the camp…. Rofl…..!!!!! super fun…)
Hmmm the spare time we spent sleeping, or talking to seniors and friends, those who had charge and tower could text…(sigh)… but mostly chit chatting….:) …. And waiting for roll call to hear seniors speak….
Yeah seniors, they were the best part of the camp…. They were not only our guides, but also our close friends….:).. I don’t have the words to describe our bond… but thank you seniors for making our camp so endearing and memorable…. They were the best part of the camp…:)
Now coming to culturals, I can barely control my laughter… All the programs were super fun…. But the comments where even better…. Truly memorable and when I do think I just go ha ha ha ha ha ha…. I don’t think people will forget my……. “TWINE…..”…. the skits were good and mimicry was awesome… :)
Well the last day was the survey day.. We walked through the fields.. For once I was quiet… :P enjoying the bliss and solitude..(and yay I was texting…. :P)…I have attached a few pictures of the greenery which is missing in the city… We spoke to villagers noting their problems, the talk was heart rendering…
I fell sick and had to pull out , thus missing the camp fire and the remaining events…. I know I must have missed a lot…:( I feel camp-sick now….:P… Thus have I surmised it, but those who wanna add more can do so…
Ps: For the first time I have written informally…. I truly enjoyed the camp (I missed u friend.) and now missing camp….sorry for informal writing friends....




Aps....gotta agree wid everything you said :) Camp was an out-of-this-world experience...making new friends...catching a few z's after back-breaking work(and sometimes clever ob ;) )...culturals (lol!)...and i can relate to your lang problems when it came to feedback !!! Criticizing the catering team for nothing at all..all fun !! Intruding people's homes for tea or refreshments(in the name of census!). Am glad to be back home ...but i'm glad for the things i gained out of this camp too :) :)
ReplyDeleteYour stills are pretty good. :)
EXACTLY.........:):)!!!!! unique experience na...?:)
ReplyDeletebeautiful aps......made me tink of my camp spot once........gr8 work by seniors.......they wer so very responsible n carin......v surely wont 4gt these 7days.......
ReplyDeleteexactly swathy....:) blissful days...:)
ReplyDeletewow..!..awsome article..:)..wen i read tis im abl to recollect d wonderful memories of ma camp...:):).... t was truly nice..:)
ReplyDelete