RiSiNg FrOm FailUrEs
As the clock ticked away slowly,
The people rushed past me,
The wind blew onto my face,
My ears picked up the rustle of leaves,
The rush of feet and the slow monotonic tick-tock,
None of which my brain comprehended,
Dwelling upon the downfalls in life.
Suddenly life appeared all hazy and blurred,
All the buried failures dropped by to say hello,
All the savored victories totally brushed aside.
Tears rolled down my cheeks and as they fell with a tiny splash,
Onto the brown earth to be absorbed,
I question the purpose of my existence of life,
Feeling so depressed and downtrodden,
Feeling crushed and conquered,
With a knot in my throat, I realize that hours have flown by,
I feel a heavy weight on my shoulders,
I feel I have been tied down by chains,
Chains of failure, chains of hatred,
Chains of pressure and chains of stress,
Held by these chains I am unable to take a step, to gather pace in life.
I feel crushed by the darkness,
And suddenly I feel a surge of hope,
My heart begins to search for that tiny ray of light,
Which was hidden in the darkness,
Even as my consciousness takes over,
Breaking up all the shackles,
Reminding me of my innumerable victories,
Giving me hope and energy,
I feel rejuvenated and refreshed,
I feel like a phoenix rising out of failure,
I throw away the various burdens,
And continue to drift along the current of life,
Relishing every sweet victory,
And rising out of every sour defeat,
Cause life is just once,
LIVE IT AND LOVE IT…….!!!!
ps: this is my first attempt at poetry....:)....

good one :) keep writing :)
ReplyDeletewow..!! its awsome.... doesnt luk lik ur 1st poem.... keep writin more... :):)
ReplyDeletethank you vicky and jash.......:)
ReplyDelete