Friend!!

I sit in front of the monitor staring at the virtual paper shown by Microsoft word, wondering what to write on. Ha, I have been suffering from the-what-to-write-on syndrome for about a week now!!
Finally on a lazy Sunday afternoon I think of writing something (I have been shying away from writing for the entire week…). And here I go with my ‘masterpiece’:

The weather was bright and cheerful, the perfect day for a great ride on the highway along the beach… Adithya sat gazing out of the window thinking of Suresh……

“Suresh entered the class shivering from head to toe. It was his first day in that school and oooah the boys wanted some fun. Suresh and swimming pool had been a great idea.. Suresh picked a corner to sit and started crying silently. Adithya, the one who got the brain wave in the first place, did not hide his amusement.”… twenty years ago thought,Adithya tears rolling down his cheeks.

“ The results were out and Suresh topped the class even as Adithya’s name appeared at the bottom. Suresh tried to comfort Adithya only to be bullied..” nineteen years ago..

“Adi, we have new neighbours echoed mommy’s voice from the kitchen. Hope it’s a boy thought Adithya. We have just 21 boys in the locality. Another boy would do us helluva good he thought as he rushed to see his new neighbours. Oh gooddamn it’s Suresh.!!!!!, Exclaimed Adithya in disappointment. “….16 years ago…

“hey buddy Adi, you have a lot of talent bottled up within you. Y don’t you let me help you, chirped an enthusiastic Suresh. This was the first time he actually spoke to Adi in five years. Get lost you good-for-nothing-nerd screamed Adi. That’s the way Suresh was branded “the nerd”!! hey it’s the nerd, they would scream whenever Suresh made an attempt to speak to them. Hey nerd this and hey nerd that!! Hey seriously you can’t let your talents go waste can you???, questioned Suresh!! Slap and Suresh left Adi’shome crying…”… 15 years ago…

Many an attempt was made by Suresh to hang out with Adi, time and again laughed at, time and again being bullied and harassed… but he still persisted and continued to be near Adi. Suresh continued doing well in academics even as Adi became the captain of the school cricket team!!!

It was on a bright cheerful sunny day, the match was scheduled at nine but Adi had a flat tire. “I can’t miss the finals!!! I worked so hard to get till here!! Oh lord!! Y should this happen to me” screamed Adi!!”hey what’s up dude” asked Suresh from his balcony!! “hey nerd I have a flat tire, can u drop me at the stadium?””sure” said Suresh glad that Adi asked him for help. “ok hop on said Suresh as he put his helmet on”.. Suresh went on chattering the entire journey and suddenly he was driving away at top speed..” hey dude!! I can’t see with this helmet on!! can you just remove it and wear it” asked suresh. “Yeah whatever” said Adi and he absent mindedly put the helmet on….that was the last thing he could remember………!!!!

“ He was the only one whom I considered my true friend. Yeah he was rude to me, but it was because he liked me. That was the way in which he expressed his friendship. I know I was very dear to him. The-good-for-nothing-nerd he called me but friends do call you with names don’t they and that made me feel closer to him. I wish to be his true friend till I breathe my last” Adi had read these lines again and again for the past seven years. His soul did not have peace and there wasn’t a day he had not cried nor regretted his actions!! It was a piece of Suresh’s diary..
Suresh had left the world on that faithful day, the day of the finals. They met with an accident immediately after swapping the helmets. The breaks had failed and Suresh intending to save Adi had swapped helmets. Suresh died on the spot even as Adi lost his soul!!!...........

Everyone is to be respected and nobody should be teased. Remember, everybody has a heart…..

Friends, they are very precious. Count yourself lucky if you have got true friends and don’t ever loose contact with them.
Well, I would like to wish all my fellow Indians, happy independence day!!this is my first story:)

See ya next time,
Aparna:)

Comments

  1. How can this be your masterpiece ;) This must be your "Mistresspiece" :D Goodone nevertheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha a goodone vicky.......:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts